RTP-to-E1/T1 Media Gateway
RtpBridge as a RTP-to-E1/T1 Media Gateway
The RtpBridge as a RTP-to-E1/T1 Media Gateway performs the ability to receive RTP data and to transmit it in E1 (as a G.711 a-law or u-law). The RtpBridge accepts a wide set supported codecs over the incoming Rx RTP(G.711, G.729, G.723.1, G.726, G.722, GSM-AMR). RtpBridge automatically selects a proper codec decoder using the powerful DSP C64x+ core.
Rtp-to-E1 Simple Gateway Configuration setup
Edit the /root/cfg config file:
connect rtp:10.0.1.1:10001:20001 tdm:li0:ts1:g711a connect rtp:10.0.1.1:11001:21001 tdm:li1:ts1:g711a
In this simple scenario the data coming from 10.0.1.1 from ports 10001 and 11001 are going to the ports 20001 and 21001 on the RtpBridge , transcoding to the G.711 a-law, then sending to the E1/T1 Li0:Ts1 and Li1:Ts1 respectively.
What are the Benefits of the RtpBridge based RTP-E1 resending solution?
- The Media Gateway from compact Alvis-CSI box provides complete data transfer from RTP to E1.
- Support for most popular audio codecs: G.711, G.729, G.723.1, G.726, G.722.
- No compatibility problems specific for PCI/PCI-Express systems.
- Compactness of Alvis-CSI stand-alone board increases cost-effectiveness of the business.
- Support for mixers, transcoders and multi-party conferences.
- Low power consumption comparing with huge, noisy and expensive Rack servers.
- Complete system management over Ethernet.
- Easy and unlimited scalability: to get more E1/T1 lines just add more Alvis-CSI probes.
- User do not need to know the OTX SDK API and to develop own embedded software.
- The solution is fully redundant and hot-swappable.