Alvis-CSI Firmware Upgrade Howto
To perform a complete firmware upgrade you need an Alvis-CSI unit connected to a host PC via Ethernet and serial ports. To proceed please follow these steps:
- Plug the power adapter into a wall socket (100V-240V AC, 50Hz-60Hz).
- Plug the power cable into the connector labeled "POWER" on the main unit.
- Connect the console cable to connector labeled "CONSOLE" on the main unit.
- Plug the other end of the console cable into a COM port of a PC.
- Connect a cross-over Ethernet cable to the connector labeled "ETHERNET" on the main unit.
- Plug the other end of the cross-over Ethernet cable into the Ethernet card of the PC.
- Set Host PC a static IP address 10.0.1.1 (at the Network Connections).
The firmware on the Alvis-CSI is upgraded via a firmware upgrade package (e.g. "factory-2.11.14-20101026").
Download and unpack the archive using RAR.
Edit the configuration file "flash.conf" and "ubootvars":
- Set the correct serial port:
port = com1
- Set the IP address of the host PC:
server = 10.0.1.1
- Set the IP address of the Alvis-CSI unit:
ipaddr = 10.0.1.2
- Set the correct network mask for the Alvis-CSI unit:
netmask = 255.255.255.0
- Set the gateway ip address for the Alvis-CSI unit (if needed):
gatewayip = 10.0.1.1
Run the "flash.bat" script from the console without any parameters: